Please read our Refund Policy here for your convenience and to ensure we’ll be able to assist you as best we can.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
The Hip Shop Online Returns Policy
If you wish to return any item(s) you have purchased, you can either return the item(s) via post to our online store or in person to a The Hip Shop Store countrywide within 14 days from the date of delivery. Return postage costs will be at your expense, unless the item(s) returned is faulty or not as ordered. In this instance, postage will be incurred by The Hip Shop. Please contact customer service at email@example.com to organise pre-paid postage.
We encourage you to return your parcel via registered or traceable postal services as all returned parcels remain the responsibility of the purchaser until received by The Hip Shop.
Store purchases can not be returned or refunded online.
Returns Policy Conditions
At The Hip Shop we want to ensure you love the items you purchase. If you have changed your mind on a purchase we will exchange your item, provide an exchange card or refund your original method of payment provided that:
- You return the item within 14 days (inclusive) from the tracked date of delivery
- You produce your original The Hip Shop invoice (receipt) when you return the item
- The item is in original saleable condition:
- With all original tags
- In an unworn, unopened and unused state
- Any sewn labels are still attached
If you are not able to comply with these requirements, The Hip Shop reserves the right to refuse an exchange or refund on change of mind items. The Hip Shop will not accept a bank statement as proof of purchase.
We regret that we are unable to accept the exchange or return of the following items for change of mind for hygiene reasons:
- Earrings and Jewellery
Items on ‘Sale’ will only be exchanged (not refunded) for change of mind except where the item is faulty or defective.
Any items returned as part of a Spend and Save promotion will be refunded or exchanged at the paid discounted price or as the percentage price calculated by The Hip Shop, not the original full price.
Gift cards cannot be exchanged or refunded and will expire 12 months from the purchase date.
Instore Exchanges and Refunds
For your convenience, item(s) purchased online may be exchanged or refunded at any Hip shop Store, provided all online return policy conditions are met. A refund will be provided to you crediting your original method of payment. In the instance that PayFast was your original method of payment; your refund will be credited to a credit card of your choice. Please note that cash refunds will not be provided under any circumstances and postage charges cannot be refunded.
ONLINE REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
If you would like to exchange an item(s) for an alternative item(s), please fill out the online Return Request form that is located within My Account under ‘My Orders’ prior to sending the item(s) back.
Exchanges can only be exchanged for the same value of the purchase price of the item being returned. Your items that you wish to return need to be sent back to our online returns address with enclosed returns and tax invoice (receipt). Return postage costs will be at your expense.
If the alternative size or colour is no longer available, provided all the Returns Policy Conditions are met, a refund will be provided to you crediting your original method of payment.
To obtain a refund please fill out the online Return Request form that is located within My Account under ‘My Orders’ prior to sending the item(s) back.
A refund will be provided to you crediting your original method of payment, providing all the Returns Policy Conditions are met and our warehouse has received the original item that is being returned. Cash refunds will not be provided under any circumstances.
Completing a Returns Request Form Online
- Log into your Hip Shop ‘My Account’ and go to “My Orders’.
- Click on the order that contains the item(s) that you wish to return or request an exchange for and click on the returns button that is located at the top right hand side of the page.
- Fill out the required fields and read the Returns Policy to ensure you have a firm understanding of the terms and conditions.
- Once you have click submit and you will then be directed to the Return Request invoice. This invoice must be printed and sent with the items to our warehouse in order for you to receive your return or exchange.
- Once you have sent your item(s) back to our warehouse. You will be notified by email the status of your return or exchange.
- If you purchased your item(s) as a gift, please print off the Return Request Form and fill in the required fields and send with your parcel to the online returns address listed below along with your Hip Shop receipt. You will be notified by email the status of your return or exchange.
Before sending, please ensure all details on this form are correct. You will also need to write the returns number on the outside of the parcel. You will be notified by email the status of your exchange or refund.
View The Hip Shop Returns Request Form
Online Returns Address
Please send all returns to:
Jeffreys Bay (Head Office)
1 Da Gama Road
JBay Surf Village